Did you know that Lifestyle and Sports Physiotherapy now offers the services of an Exercise Physiologist at our Camden and Narellan rooms?
specialise in the field of health and fitness. They excel in exercise
interventions in areas ranging from chronic conditions, such as diabetes and
obesity, to improving sporting performance in semi-elite/elite athletes. The Exercise
Physiologist also provides functional return to work programs.
You don’t need a referral to an Exercise Physiology services as a private patients. Rebates are often available through your private health fund and can be claimed on the spot using HICAPs. Your GP may be able to provide you a referral under EPC or WorkCover programs.
You may benefit from seeing an Exercise Physiologist if you suffer from any of the following conditions:
· High Blood Pressure
· High Cholesterol
· Impaired Glucose Tolerance
· Cardiovascular Disease
· Musculoskeletal Conditions
Benefits of participating in physical activity with an Exercise Physiologist include:
· Improved function, increase self management and independence
· Improved blood sugar control
· Weight loss, increased strength and physical endurance
· Assists in education & management of chronic disease
· Prescription of physical activity tailored to the individual’s needs
For more information about our Exercise Physiologists, you can visit their website.
If you have any questions as to whether an Exercise Physiologist is suitable for you, or any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on (02) 4647 3373.