Did you know that Physiotherapists can help you with many problems other than just sore muscles, even incontinence!
Urinary incontinence is the complaint of any involuntary leakage of urine. There are many different forms that effect women and men of all ages. Factors that can contribute to incontinence include:
· chronic constipation
· being overweight
· bad toileting habits
· fluid intake
If you suffer from incontinence there are things you can do to help:
· Drink 1.5-2L of fluid a day
· Drink less coffee, tea, alcohol and energy drinks
· Eat a high fibre diet
· Undertake pelvic floor muscle training
· manage any constipation
· weight reduction if needed
· Talk to your doctor or physiotherapist to develop good bladder and bowel habits
Remember when the urge strikes stay calm, relax your abdomen and maintain a gentle pelvic contraction.
For further information about how we can help you or to book an appointment, contact us on (02) 4647 3373 or go to http://www.continence.org.au